A lot of people would think that Japanese only eat rice everyday and it is hard to cook when they can’t be asked to cook after a long day. We are here to ditch that thought with 3 quickest and easiest Japanese recipes that are packed with flavours!!
Aubergine And Pepper Stir Fry
Japanese stir fry is your best friend when you want to eat quick and delicious. The juiciness and tenderness of the aubergine will make you want nothing but more.
1 Green Pepper
30g Grated Ginger
1. Stir all of the ingredients in a bowl except for the aubergine and pepper. This will be the miso sauce.
2. Dice the aubergine into cubes and slice the pepper into thin strips. Add some oil to a frying pan. Stir fry on medium heat.
3. Fry the aubergine for 3-4 minutes until tender and browned.
4. Add the pepper, and fry for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add the miso sauce and stir well in order to evenly coat the aubergine and pepper.
5. Serve warm with cooked rice for a light meal.
One Pot Creamy Soy Ramen (Vegan)
20 Mins to cook
Who would have thought that ramen broth can be easily done in one pot and also, under 30 mins? The rich texture of soy milk can replace the pork and reduce the cooking time from 4 hours to simply 10 minutes only. With the freedom to put whatever veg ingredients you can be creative about, this recipe will not only bat your eyes visually but also fill your stomach up with great satisfaction.
1 Tbsp (15 ml) grape seed oil
5 cloves garlic (2 1/2 Tbsp | 18 g), roughly chopped
1 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and diced
1 medium yellow onion (110 g), coarsely chopped
500 ml vegetable stock
2 Tbsp (30 ml) tamari or soy sauce, plus more to taste
0.5 ounces (14 g) dehydrated shiitake mushrooms
1 Tbsp white or yellow miso paste
1 tsp sesame oil (for flavour), plus more to taste
8 ounces (227 g) ramen noodles
2 tbsp Sweetcorn
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Once hot, Saute the onions, ginger and garlic.
3. Add 500ml of vegetable broth, tamari and shitake mushrooms. Stir for a bit.
4. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer on low heat for at least 15 miutes. The longer it simmers, the more flavour it has.
5. Taste broth and adjust seasonings as needed,
6. Slice the courgettes in pieces.
7. NOODLES: Fill a large saucepan or pot with water and bring to boil. Once boiling, add ramen noodles and follow the cooking instructions on the packet. Drain the water after it is done.
8. Strain broth and reserve mushrooms for serving. If possible, save the onions and ginger for serving as well,
9. To serve, put the ramen noodles in the bowl and pour the broth in. Put sweetcorn, shitake mushrooms and courgettes however you like on top. BE CREATIVE ABOUT IT!!!
Simple Sesame yakisoba
10 mins to cook
If you literally can’t be asked to cook but your stomach is grumbling for food, this could be the best solution. With the Asian aroma and the fact that it only takes under 15 minutes to cook, sesame noodles are going to be your best dinner life hack. Feel free to put whatever protein and vegetables if you are feeling adventurous!
1. 4 cloves Garlic
2. 4 Green onions, whole Thin
3. 1/4 cup Soy sauce/ Tamari
4. 12 fl oz Noodles of your choice
5. 1/2 tsp Chili oil, Hot
6. 2 tbsp Sugar
7. 4 tbsp Canola oil
8. 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
9. 3 tbsp Sesame oil, Pure
10. 1tbsp Sesame
1. Add 500ml of water to a hob and bring it to boil.
2. Add in noodles and follow the packet instructions
3. Mix soy sauce, chili oil, garlic, sugar, sesame oil and rice vinegar in a bowl to make the sauce
4. Once the noodles are cooked, toss it with the sauce
5. Chop green onions into pieces and sprinkle with sesames on top to serve.
Next time, let these amazing recipes save your evenings!